Ken Sweet Associated Press Published 10:03 PM EDT Sep 27, 2019 New York — Wells Fargo named its third CEO in as many years as it attempts to move on from a series of scandals. The bank said Friday that Charles Scharf, chief executive of the Bank of New York Mellon, will take over for C. Allen Parker, who has led Wells Fargo since March. Parker will remain in place until Scharf joins the bank on Oct. 21. Wells Fargo has been trying to recover from scandals starting in 2016 when it admitted its employees opened millions of fake checking accounts to meet sales goals. The San Francisco-based bank has been fined repeatedly, including a record $1 billion penalty in 2018 levied by federal regulators for failures in its mortgage lending businesses and for selling auto loan customers insurance policies they did not need. More importantly, the Federal Reserve last year stepped in and handcuffed Wells’ ability to grow its business until the bank proves it has gotten its house in order. Tim Sloan, who had been Wells Fargo’s CEO since the scandals originally broke, stepped down after what many considered a poor performance defending the bank in front of… Read full this story
- Wells Fargo in $575 mn US settlement on consumer ills
- Chinese New Year: can ancient wellness techniques make you healthier and happier?
- Quisenberry leads Youngstown State past Binghamton 58-48
- NIU men's basketball: Roundtree leads Central Michigan past Huskies, Chippewas hand NIU first MAC loss
- Basketball: Shawn Long leads NZ Breakers past Adelaide 36ers
- Cricket: Brendon McCullum leads Brisbane Heat past Melbourne Renegades
- Four Northampton men charged with murder of 23-year-old... as well as GBH with intent and conspiracy to commit robbery
- Coronation Street’s Kate and Rana will reunite on New Year’s Eve after shock cheating scandal
- May leads NIU women past BG
- Italian bank job spoils ECB's birthday as new year sees same old problems
3rd CEO in 3 years tapped to lead Wells Fargo past scandals have 318 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at September 27, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.