Democrat hopeful Elizabeth Warren is showing the same kind of enthusiasm that helped clinch President Donald Trump his party’s nomination in 2016, according to a Democrat strategist. As the past week saw Warren almost neck and neck with frontrunner Joe Biden in the polls, Democratic strategist and communications expert Michael Gordon told Newsweek that Warren’s enthusiasm and campaign, combined with a problematic time for Biden, currently give her the edge. “In the Republican Primaries, Trump was ahead. He was in the same position Biden has been in. People didn’t think voters would support him but they did—and he had the kind of enthusiasm that Warren is seeing now,” Gordon said. “I think what’s happening with Biden is there’s just starting to appear a cumulative effect of his gaps and other controversies such as this one,” he added of the Ukraine whistleblower allegations that Trump asked Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate potential political rival Biden. In a phone call, the summary of which was shared by the White House last week, Trump said to Zelensky: “There’s a lot of talk about Biden’s son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so… Read full this story
- 'Our Vote Matters Very Little': Kim TallBear on Elizabeth Warren's Attempt to Claim Native American Heritage
- Elizabeth Warren Is Still Dealing With the Fallout of Her Decision to Release That DNA Test
- Elizabeth Warren Says She’ll ‘Take a Hard Look’ at White House Bid
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren Releases Video And DNA Tests Proving She's Part Native American
- Elizabeth Warren chased by Trump fans through Reno airport: 'Stop the impeachment!'
- Here's Me Giving Elizabeth Warren MAJOR Side Eye
- I Really Don't Get Why Elizabeth Warren Did a DNA Test to Prove Her Native American Heritage
- Elizabeth Warren May Not Be Native American, But She Might Be Black, Talking About 'I Got Some Indian In My Family'
- Trump spends official event attacking Democrats and floating a conspiracy
- The rise of Elizabeth Warren has Wall Street feeling nervous
Elizabeth Warren's Trump-like enthusiasm gives her an edge in Democratic race, strategist says have 339 words, post on www.newsweek.com at September 30, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.