Tesla founder Elon Musk said in a court filing on Monday that he did not mean to accuse a British caver of paedophilia when he referred to him as “pedo guy” in a tweet. Musk, who is being sued for defamation in Los Angeles by Vernon Unsworth, who helped in the dramatic rescue of 12 boys trapped in an underwater cave in Thailand last year, claimed the term “pedo guy” was a common insult used in South Africa when he was growing up. “It is synonymous with ‘creepy old man’ and is used to insult a person’s appearance and demeanour, not accuse a person of acts of paedophilia,” he said in his court filing “I did not intend to accuse Mr Unsworth of engaging in acts of paedophilia,” he added. “In response to his insults in the CNN interview, I meant to insult him back by expressing my opinion that he seemed like a creepy old man.” The dispute between the two men erupted after Unsworth said a miniature submarine Musk sent to Thailand to help with the rescue efforts would have been ineffective and was nothing more than a “PR stunt.” He added that Musk could “stick his submarine… Read full this story
- Elon Musk Says HBO’s “Silicon Valley” Is Weird At Redwood City Premiere
- Elon Musk Believes SpaceX’s New Spaceship Can Go Well Beyond Mars
- Elon Musk Denies Report Of Scolding Employee
- Elon Musk Creates Ad Astra, An Exclusive, Private School
- Elon Musk: Tesla Will Be First With Autonomous Driving
- Elon Musk-backed OpenAI Project will get first 'deep learning supercomputer in a box'
- Luddite Awards Given To AI Alarmists Stephen Hawking And Elon Musk
- Elon Musk Will Drive A Tesla Model S From LA To NY Using Supercharger
- Why Elon Musk's SpaceX is even cooler than Tesla
- Elon Musk Reveals Apple Is Creating An Electric Car; Might Summon Cars Soon
Elon Musk Claims 'Pedo' Term Used Against Diver Not an Insult have 305 words, post on gadgets.ndtv.com at September 17, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.