Protesters at Thursday’s debate in Houston, Texas waited until the last question of the night to storm the stage and break out in chants pleading for help, claiming their lives are at risk because they are DACA recipients. As ABC moderator George Stephanopoulos went in reverse order from the opening statements, shouts interrupted first respondent, Joe Biden. ‘We are DACA recipients!’ a group of protesters shouted as Biden began to answer a question asking the candidates to explain their biggest professional setbacks. ‘Our lives are at risk!’ they continued to cheers from the audience. Shouts from the demonstrators could be heard for more than 30 seconds, but faded as they were escorted out of the debate hall. A law enforcement officer at the entrance of the debate location told DailyMail.com that the protesters were detained by security inside the building on Texas Southern University, where the third round of Democratic primary debates was taking place. The officer said they would be released off-campus pending a quick background check and as long as they had a clean criminal record. Stopped: This is the moment two officers stopped protesters storming the 2020 Democratic debate stage Confrontation: Protesters stormed the debate stage Thursday… Read full this story
- Joe Biden hits the campaign trail for the first time in Pittsburgh with endorsement of firefighters' union
- Three Questions Joe Biden Can’t Answer About His Draconian ‘Top Priority’
- Joe Biden: Can Obama's vice-president stay the Democratic frontrunner?
- Democratic U.S. presidential hopefuls seek contrast with Trump on immigration
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Candidates make final pitches before Iowa caucuses
- I'm campaigning on 'truth over lies': Biden rallies union workers in Pittsburgh to start his 2020 presidential run saying he is in the rust belt to beat Trump - and is rewarded by chants of 'We love Joe'
- 2 moderates, Biden and Buttigieg, diverge on strategy to win
- Republican debate: Candidates clash on policy, records
- Bernie Sanders' surge rattles establishment Democrats one week from Iowa
- Trump made at least 27 false claims as Senate debated impeachment on Thursday
Immigration protesters storm Democratic debate stage shouting 'We are DACA recipients! And our lives are at risk! Please save us!' and stop Joe Biden's final answer have 333 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.