Oralandar Brand-Williams The Detroit News Published 6:55 PM EDT Sep 19, 2019 A Chesterfield Township man was acquitted Thursday of charges in connection with perceived online threats against a Macomb County Circuit Court judge. Grieving dad Jonathan Vanderhagen, 35, was acquitted following a trial before 41-B District Judge Sebastian Lucido in connection with social media posts that Macomb County Circuit Court Judge Rachel Rancilio found threatening. Vanderhagen’s lawyer said client was merely lashing out at the court system regarding a custody case involving his young son, who died two years ago in the custody of the boy’s mother. Vanderhagen had sought sole custody of his 2-year-old son, Killian. It is not clear if Rancilio heard Vanderhagen’s case when it was assigned to a family division of the Macomb County Circuit Court. Vanderhagen, who lives in Chesterfield Township, was charged in July with misdemeanor use of telecommunications after the judge complained to the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office about posts on Vanderhagen’s Facebook page she considered threatening. The case has received national attention and sparked debate about free speech and fathers’ rights. Vanderhagen’s supporters and friends flooded his Facebook page with praise Thursday following the verdict following the conclusion of the trial, which began last week. “Today has been absolutely… Read full this story
- 'I hang people like you kid': Fortnite player reveals the VILE threats made to children as young as seven on the popular online game - as parents are warned to monitor their kids
- Clarett asks judge to travel to pro tryout
- Ill. family feuds over dad’s baseball collection
- Maroney acquitted of marijuana charge
- Acquitted Rocket back to family focus
- 2 charged with threatening victim
- Silent Young ignores judge in court?
- Judge lets Crittenton go free on bond
- Lafleur acquitted by appeals court
- Federal judge upholds Bonds’ conviction
Macomb County dad acquitted of threatening judge online have 306 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at September 18, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.