The all-new Hyundai i10 has been unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show with an adorable look and the promise of being vastly superior to its predecessor.
Hyundai has developed and will build the new i10 in Europe. Three engines will be offered to customers. The first powertrain is a small 1.0-liter MPi three-cylinder pumping out 66 hp and 70 lb-ft (96 Nm) of torque while sitting above this powertrain in the family is a larger 1.2-liter MPi four-cylinder with 82 hp and 87 lb-ft (118 Nm) of torque. Shoppers are offered the choice between a five-speed manual transmission or a five-speed automated manual transmission for both these engines.
In addition to the regular models, Hyundai also introduced the sporty i10 N Line with a version-specific 1.0-liter three-cylinder T-GDi engine rated at 98 hp and 126 lb-ft paired exclusively to a five speed manual.
Photo credits Hyundai
The example displayed in Germany is painted in a unique shade of silver and all up, there are 10 exterior colors available. These are Dragon Red, Brass, Aqua Turquoise, Phantom Black, Polar White, Star Dust, Sleek Silver, Champion Blue, Tomato Red, and Slate Blue. The city car’s roof can also be painted in a contrasting shade of Black or Red
While no one would call the new i10 a ‘sporty’ looking car, it does adopt a more appealing shape than the outgoing model thanks to it featuring a 20 mm lower (0.7-inch) roofline while sitting 20 mm (0.7-inch) wider. The most intriguing design traits of the car can be found at the front where there is a large black grille with daytime running lights incorporated into the corners. The headlights also have a unique shape to them.
Photo credits: Stefan Baldauf / Guido ten Brink for Carscoops
- Culver City Car Accidents Reduced by Heavy Use of Photo Enforcement
- Can You Afford a Car With Your Credit Score?
- The Truth About Affordable Foreign Car Insurance Policies
- Are You New to Trade Shows? The Top 10 Tips For Any Trade Show Novice
- The Affordable Los Angeles - Fun, Cheap and Even Free Things to Do!
- Vauxhall Agila - The Perfect City Car
- EQ2 Forsaken City Named Fun - Part 2
- Looking For a New Career - New Job Opening in Mexico City
- New British reality show asks families to adopt, then cook and eat pet lamb or piglet
- The City of Fun and Frolic - Ahmedabad City Lights