By Mary Markos | [email protected] | Boston HeraldPUBLISHED: September 16, 2019 at 7:27 pm | UPDATED: September 16, 2019 at 7:28 pm More than 5,000 driver’s licenses now have been suspended since the records scandal unfolded at the Registry of Motor Vehicles — and officials say they aren’t done searching for more potentially dangerous drivers who were left on the roads for months and even years. Transportation Secretary Stephanie Pollack and acting Registrar Jamey Tesler updated the MassDOT board and the Fiscal Management Control Board during a meeting Monday of the 5,260 drivers whose licenses have been suspended to date, 3,391 of which were found in the backlog of out-of-state notifications of license infractions and 1,869 were found through a state data comparison with the National Driver Registry. “This is an ongoing and daily effort,” Tesler said. “These numbers will always be changing.” Pollack noted that the state of New Hampshire recently conducted its own review on how it handles out-of-state notices and sent “several thousand” documents that included more serious offenses.“We are actively triaging and processing the serious offenses indicated in those documents. Some of them have already been acted on,” Pollack said. “We are collaborating with New Hampshire… Read full this story
- Nurse's License Suspended For Writing Herself Prescriptions For Thousands Of Opioids
- Uber driver who booted 2 kissing women has license suspended
- Pot producer Ascent granted creditor protection after licenses suspended
- Easton car salesperson, Bethlehem cosmetologist among professionals sanctioned by state licensing boards
- Whitehall nurse, Northampton dentist among professionals sanctioned by state licensing boards
- Allentown doctor, Bethlehem nurse among professionals sanctioned by state licensing board
- Northampton County auto dealer among professionals sanctioned by state licensing boards
- Lawmakers suspend inquiry into motor vehicle agency
- How Malaysia’s 1MDB Scandal Shook the Financial World: QuickTake
- Donald Trump's DC Hotel Liquor License Challenged Over His 'Character'
Over 5,000 licenses now suspended in RMV scandal have 300 words, post on www.bostonherald.com at September 15, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.