CONCORD, N.C. – Michael McDowell’s day didn’t start off very well Friday at Charlotte Motor Speedway. McDowell found himself in a great deal of pain prior to Friday’s first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practice. The pain was so bad, in fact, that he ended up at the hospital. “I’m really thankful I feel as good as I do,” McDowell said. “I felt like this morning I was very close to death. Now this afternoon I feel pretty good. Unfortunate, but I’m thankful I’m at home in Charlotte and thankful I was able to get to a place where I feel pretty good.” McDowell said he initially had no idea what was wrong with him before he was finally diagnosed with and passed a kidney stone. “I had no idea, that was the problem,” McDowell said. “I was hurting and in pain and not feeling well and nauseous and throwing up. But what it was was just a kidney stone and fortunately I was able to pass a kidney stone and immediately felt 85 percent better. But getting up to that process was close to death.” NASCAR Xfinity Series regular Austin Cindric practiced McDowell’s car Friday afternoon. McDowell returned to… Read full this story
- 'Fortnite' Update 11.31 Adds Battle Labs & Starts Winterfest - Patch Notes
- 90 Day Fiancé's Ashley Martson returns home after being hospitalized for acute kidney failure
- 90 Day Fiancé's Ashley Martson rushed to hospital with kidney failure due to complications from Lupus
- Mother, 26, dies following two-year battle with rare form of kidney cancer as heart-breaking tributes praise her as the 'biggest inspiration'
- ‘I gave a stranger my kidney for Christmas and hope he’s still enjoying his very special present’
- REVEALED: Hundreds of Britons who buy KIDNEYS on the black market from overseas traffickers charging £30,000 in a bid to avoid NHS waiting lists are coming back with deadly diseases such as HIV and hepatitis
- Rapper Boosie Badazz, 33, 'now cancer free after extremely invasive kidney surgery'
- William the Conqueror gave dozens of sacred treasures to Battle Abbey including a parts of Christ's crib and cross to save him from going to hell, manuscript reveals
- Premature Evaluation: Battle Brothers
- Chanelle Hayes shows off her three stone weight loss in a black vest top and skinny ripped jeans during last-minute Christmas shopping trip
ROVAL NOTES: McDowell Battles Kidney Stones have 395 words, post on speedsport.com at September 27, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.