As the two automakers continue to grow their alliance, Toyota will increase its stake in Subaru. It’s officially very official now: there will be a second-generation of the Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ twins.Overnight the two companies confirmed they will jointly develop the next-generation sports coupe, although no timeframe has been given for when the cars will appear.It’s probably safe to assume the new Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ will once again feature a low-mounted boxer engine, rear-wheel drive layout and available manual transmission.As part of today’s announcement and their ever-growing alliance, Toyota will increase its stake in Subaru by purchasing a further 24 million shares. This will increase its voting rights to 20 per cent, up by around 3.2 per cent.Subaru will also increase its shareholding in Toyota by the same monetary value as Toyota’s new stake, up to a maximum of ¥80 billion ($1.1 billion). With the XV Plug-in Hybrid now on sale in America and Japan, Subaru will continue adding Toyota’s hybrid technology to other models. No indication has been given of which models are in line to receive hybrid drivetrains.The two automakers also reconfirmed their commitment to create a new electric vehicle platform. According to the… Read full this story
- U.S. Buyers Still Overwhelmingly Choose a Manual for the Subaru BRZ and WRX
- Mercedes-Benz GLE Second Generation Specs Leaked: Launching January 2020
- Subaru BRZ Special Edition Or Facelift Seen In Spy Photos
- Farmer becomes the FOURTH person in China to be diagnosed with plague this month as officials confirm he has the 'Black Death'
- Officials Confirm Six US Servicemen Among 14 Dead in C-130 Plane Crash
- Officials CONFIRM that a cyber-attack took place during the 2018 Winter Olympics opening ceremony
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker runtime has been officially confirmed by J.J. Abrams
- A Vintage Toyota Corolla SR-5 Drag Car Isn't the Weirdest Thing You'll Find in Brooklyn
- Small SUV comparison: Toyota C-HR v Subaru XV v Citroen C3 Aircross
- The Most Interesting Car Toyota Makes Is Too Luxurious for America
Second-generation Toyota 86, Subaru BRZ officially confirmed have 342 words, post on www.caradvice.com.au at September 28, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.