Is it too soon to call The Current War a throwback to 2015? That was the year middling The Imitation Game and The Theory Of Everything received multiple Oscar nominations, and Alfonso Gomez-Rejon's YA adaptation Me And Earl And The Dying Girl became the toast of Sundance (though not of anywhere else . The Current War is Gomez-Rejon's follow-up, and it feels at first like a biopic supergroup: Imitation Game 's Benedict Cumberbatch IS prickly genius Thomas Edison, intent on bringing electricity to late 19th-century Manhattan! Michael Shannon IS rich Advertisement Alt The Current War is not an unearthed relic from the innocent days of four years ago, that's not so far off. The movie originally premiered at the Toronto Film Festival in 2017 , ahead of a planned awards-season release from the Weinstein Company. A few weeks and one New York Times bombshell later , the company was all but gone, and the movie's release date sat in the wreckage. It's finally opening in North America with an advertised Director's Cut subtitle, and without the involvement of indicted producer Harvey Weinstein. Somewhat confusingly, given Weinstein's reputation as an editing-room meddler always pushing for a truncated version, this cut runs… Read full this story
- From Game of Thrones to Star Wars: the casting boss behind TV and movie hits
- Star Wars sequels: George Lucas 'constantly talking' to JJ Abrams
- Saoirse Ronan confirms Star Wars Episode VII audition
- Fugitive or hero? Timeline of Julian Assange's nine-year long legal battle
- RPT-SPECIAL REPORT-Hobbling Huawei: Inside the U.S. war on China's tech giant
- Sky News at war as Paul Murray and Kieran Gilbert trade blows: 'Let's get into it'
- Star Wars Episode VII pushed back to Christmas 2015
- Special report - Hobbling Huawei: Inside the U.S. war on China's tech giant
- Hobbling Huawei: Inside the U.S. war on China's tech giant
- Billionaire Michael Bloomberg takes new step towards running for president by registering a campaign committee - but STILL says it's not a done deal
Benedict Cumberbatch and Michael Shannon duel over electricity in a long-delayed Current War have 335 words, post on www.avclub.com at October 21, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.