Jo Swinon’s party have launched its bid in order to demand a People’s Vote on whatever deal Prime Minister Boris Johnson will bring back from Brussels. The party leader’s plan could be debated by next week if selected by Speaker John Bercow, the Daily Mirror reports. Ms Swinson said: “The Liberal Democrats are the strongest party of Remain and have been the leading voice in the People’s Vote campaign. “Boris Johnson is determined to have a general election , but the best way to resolve the Brexit chaos is to have a People’s Vote and give the British people the final say about their future. “The best deal we have is as members of the European Union and we want to give the people the chance to choose to stop Brexit.” However, her party’s move sparked anger among the public as people mocked the Lib Dems for their plan. One wrote on Twitter: “Lib Dems been putting boot into Labour over Brexit position when their position is as bad! Won’t accept 1st or 2nd ref result want A50 revoked then table motion to attach 2nd ref to any deal. “Why if already said won’t accept result?” Another said: “She’s taken… Read full this story
- Brexiteers proposed a ‘Star Wars-style’ missile shield to defend the UK from nuclear attack and Falklands naval force
- The road to Brexit: What happened in Boris Johnson's first six months as UK prime minister?
- Edwina Currie dismantles SNP plans to rejoin EU as two countries set to stop Sturgeon bid
- If Labour and the Lib Dems want to stand a chance of beating the Tories, they may have to work together
- 'Frexit or die!' Emmanuel Macron's recovery plot with EU Commission sparks outrage
- Brexit: We told you! EU set for furious fishing protest - bitter Irish attack UK deal
- Brexit: Theresa May says EU leaders 'determined' to solve Irish border issue
- Cheers to that! Brexit-supporting Wetherspoon to cut prices for January 31 celebration
- France fishing hell sparks EU fury as fishermen 'sacrificed' - Will be 'death of sector'
- EU revolt: Growing number of Europeans 'impressed' by Brexit sparks Brussels panic
Brexit stitch-up: Lib Dems spark outrage as party unveil new plan to block UK’s EU exit have 354 words, post on feedproxy.google.com at October 16, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.