Basic security mistakes led to identification of gang behind massive botnet Watch Now An open letter has been published with the backing of 36 civil rights groups which urges US lawmakers to tackle partnerships between Ring and law enforcement to protect civil rights and liberties. In August, the Washington Post reported that over 400 partnerships between the smart video doorbell maker Ring and local law enforcement branches across the United States exist, potentially granting them access to homeowner camera footage. Security Capitol attack’s cybersecurity fallout: Stolen laptops, lost data and possible espionage Cyber security 101: Protect your privacy from hackers, spies, and the government The biggest hacks, data breaches of 2020 The best VPNs for business and home use The best security keys for two-factor authentication How ransomware could get even more disruptive in 2021 (ZDNet YouTube) How to improve the security of your public cloud (TechRepublic) Deals between the company and law enforcement exist in Florida, California, and Texas, among other states.According to the publication, police forces are allowed to request footage, although there are no current mechanisms for access to live video feeds. Homeowners are also able to refuse to hand over video content. See also: How to get… Read full this story
- Civil rights groups urge EU lawmakers to rebuff online terrorist content law
- US Civil Rights Groups Sue Georgia Over Voting Restrictions; Biden Attacks Law
- Service chiefs:Civil rights group writes NASS, faults composition
- Biden's DOJ civil rights nominee faces sharp GOP criticism
- Holder, Yates lead letter backing Biden pick for Civil Rights Division at DOJ
- White House putting national police oversight commission on hold
- US group threatens to use stolen Confederate statue as 'a toilet'
- Capitol Police Union Urges Congress to Boost Security as Department Risks Thinning Ranks - Report
- Police Prepare for Another Hot Summer of Violent Street Clashes as U.S. Reopens
- House Democrats push Biden to limit transfer of military-grade gear to police
Civil rights groups urge lawmakers to dissolve police partnerships with Ring have 309 words, post on www.zdnet.com at October 9, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.