Light from a distant star system has begun to dim, prompting some scientists to examine whether it might be a sign of alien life. The star system in question, HD 139139, lies some 350 million light years from Earth, in the Libra constellation. Scientists believe the system is home to a pair of stars that are bound to one another, given the joint nickname ‘Random Transiter,’ which have been observed frequently dimming over the last several months. Scroll down for video Stars that have been observed to frequently dim have been hypothetically linked to possible alien activity The Kepler Space Telescope recorded 28 instances of random dimming over an 87-day period suggesting that something potentially interesting is happening. There can be many different causes for stars dimming, according to a SFGate report, including debris floating in front of the star, or one of the 28 planets that orbit Random Transiter passing by. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Food tastes better when you’re hungry because nerve changes… Spectacled Flowerpecker bird discovered in the Borneo jungle… We CAN grow crops on Mars and the Moon: Researchers grow… Google tells Nest users to warn their guests that their… Share this article Share Another… Read full this story
- Chinese Astronomers Saw an Exploding Star 2,000 Years Ago. Scientists May Have Just Found the Remains
- California rolls out first-ever statewide earthquake app called 'MyShake' that gives residents a heads up when they need to 'drop, cover and hold on'
- Old Tesla models spontaneously stop working due to worn-out memory chips that cost owners more than $1,800 to fix
- I spy InSight: NASA shares eye-catching images of Insight lander and Curiosity rover on Mars taken from space
- The weirdest star in the galaxy could be circled by a 'melting moon'
- We Might Now Know Why Ebola Keeps Popping Up In West Africa
- How Do Breast Enhancement Pills Work?
- Five Tips on Using a Matrimonial Website to Meet Your Dream Companion
- The Life Giving Properties of Resveratrol
Two stars that have begun to randomly dim prompt scientists to examine if aliens are responsible have 329 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 17, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.