What to expect from the General MotorsThe Morning Shift for Thursday, October 17, 2019. 1st: The UAW Vs. GM Battle Isn’t Over Yet GM and the United Auto Workerstentative agreement on a new contract, but that doesn’t mean the strike is over. Nothing’s set in stone yet. Advertisement First, we don’t know all the details about the contract yet. But it has what’s considered some solid wins for workers. Here’s The Detroit Free Press with a roundup: Some details of the agreement were leaking out, and the creation and retention of 9,000 jobs is a boost from GM’s initial proposal to the union that offered a $7 billion investment in U.S. facilities over four years, resulting in 5,400 new or retained jobs. Here are some other details of the proposed four-year contract: Increases of 3-4% in wages and lump sum payments. Precise details of the raises were not known. In the 2015 contract, workers got a 3% wage increase on years one and three and 4% lump sum payments on the alternate years. A ratification bonus of at least $9,000. Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly Plant will remain open. The plant will build an electric pickup, but it is unclear how many jobs… Read full this story
- ‘Women That Would Gladly Give Their Life’: How The Paramilitary Women's Emergency Brigade Battled GM At The UAW's First Big Strike
- Tesla Is Luxury Car Sales King in the U.S. and It's Not All That Close
- Supreme Court Strikes Down New York Law Limiting Guns in Public
- 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Review: Exactly What It Needs to Be
- General Armageddon ‘plotting to blow up dam to FLOOD Kherson’ as pics show Russia’s hastily built escape bridge
- The Supreme Court’s Business Docket
- Supercars targeting American F1 race
- GM Designer Envisions Cadillac Lyriq's Smaller EV Brother
- UK borrowing costs shoot higher as Bank of England warns of pension 'contagion'
- Iranian troops are secretly sent to Ukraine front line to help Putin's men operate kamikaze drones
What Comes Next With The General Motors Strike have 320 words, post on jalopnik.com at October 17, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.