The stage is set, the votes have been cast and if all goes well, India’s very own ‘Dada’, Sourav Ganguly, whose magnificent sportsmanship has brought India glory several times, could become the new BCCI chief. On Sunday, all members of the BCCI (Board of Cricket Control in India), came together informally, at a hotel in Mumbai to take a stand against the Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators’ (COA). For the uninitiated, the COA committee was appointed by the Supreme Court to bring about some reforms in the Board, and after 3 years of the committee rule, BCCI will now go back to being a democracy next week (23rd October 2019). As a result, the BCCI members voted to decide the new BCCI chief, and the tiger of Bengal has emerged victorious in the voting process. However, the final decision about who will get to don the President’s hat is still awaited. As soon as the star sportsman’s name emerged for the BCCI chief, Twitter erupted with joy. Thousands of tweets, congratulating the cricketer, started pouring in and just like always, Twitteratti couldn’t help but churn out hilarious and witty memes on the new development. Mamata Banerjee, the Chief Minister of… Read full this story
- How liberals made the world nuts: They used to champion freedom and tolerance - and PIERS MORGAN has always been proud to be one. So how, he asks in his new book, have liberals become a shrieking mob hell-bent on silencing all dissent?
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Biden pledges to unite not divide and to bring pandemic under control in victory speech
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Biden pledges to unity, progress on pandemic in victory speech
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Historic Biden-Harris victory sparks joyous celebrations across Bay Area
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Historic Biden-Harris victory sparks joyous celebrations around Bay Area
‘You have made Bangla proud’: Mamata Banerjee lauds Ganguly, Twitter erupts in joy, Dada memes at BCCI post have 304 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at October 14, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.