News broke on Sunday, June 30, 2019 that Scooter Braun’s Ithaca Holdings acquired Big Machine Records along with Taylor Swift’s six-album catalog. Swift was apparently shocked, and shared her thoughts through a heartbreaking Tumblr post soon after.Since the story hit, there’s been a lot of “he said, she said” on both sides, with Big Machine founder/CEO Scott Borchetta responding to former iconic BMLG star Swift’s post with his own letter, followed by several other artists chiming in with their opinions. Here’s a timeline of everything that’s happened so far.Braun acquires Borchetta’s Big Machine Records Label Group, including Swift’s catalog for over $300 millionIt was announced on June 30 that Braun’s Ithaca Holdings agreed to acquire Borchetta’s Big Machine Label Group in a blockbuster deal backed by the massive global investment firm the Carlyle Group. The deal topped $300 million and also included Big Machine Music, the music publishing operation. “The idea of Scott and I working together is nothing new, we’ve been talking about it since the beginning of our friendship,” Braun said in a statement. “I reached out to him when I saw an opportunity and, after many conversations, realized our visions were aligned. He’s built a brilliant company full of iconic songs and artists…. Read full this story
- Scooter Braun Congratulates Taylor Swift on 'Brilliant' New Album Lover After Drama
- Scooter Braun's Wife Yael Cohen Braun Calls Out Taylor Swift: 'Lets Get the Facts Straight'
- Demi Lovato, Halsey and More Stars React After Taylor Swift Slams Scooter Braun for Bullying
- Scooter Braun Breaks His Silence on the His Feud with Taylor Swift:
- Taylor Swift Accepts Artist of the Decade Award with Powerful Speech at the 2019 AMAs
- Taylor Swift Denounces Scooter Braun as Her Catalog Is Sold Again
- Taylor Swift Spent Fourth of July in Caribbean Amid Drama with Scooter Braun and Her Former Label
- Scooter Braun and Wife Yael Cohen Separating After 7 Years of Marriage
- Taylor Swift on Scooter Braun Buying Her Old Label: ‘My Worst Case Scenario’
- Taylor Swift Slams Scooter Braun and Calls His Supporters the 'Definition of Toxic Male Privilege'
A Timeline Of What Happened After Scooter Braun Acquired Taylor Swift's Big Machine Catalog have 348 words, post on www.billboard.com at November 15, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.