Apple TV Plus’ big debut has arrived. The subscription video service featuring Apple’s original TV shows and movies launched early Friday, with its high-end shows ready to be watched in the company’s TV app, a program already preloaded onto hundreds of millions of iPhones. It costs $5 a month, but everyone can start checking it out free today: Apple’s is offering a free year-long subscription to anyone who’s purchased an Apple device since Sept. 10, and everyone else gets for a seven-day free trial. Apple is also bundling Apple TV Plus with its Apple Music student-discount plan, giving it away to a swath of young people at no extra cost.Apple TV Plus launched Friday with nine titles. The service, which has a reported budget of $6 billion to rope in some of Hollywood’s biggest stars, is staking the most on The Morning Show, its marquee drama starring Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston with an eye-popping $300 million reported budget for two seasons. But its adult-oriented programming also includes Oprah’s Book Club, a book-focused talk show with Oprah Winfrey; See, a post-apocalyptic thriller starring Jason Momoa; For All Mankind, an alternative retelling of the space race; and Dickinson, a comedy about poet Emily Dickinson starring Hailee Steinfeld targeting a younger audience. Early reviews of these high-priced shows are varied, at best. The reception of The… Read full this story
- I love ‘Ted Lasso,’ but man do I hate Apple TV Plus
- Foundation finale, Swagger, Shrink Next Door: WTF actually is Apple TV Plus?
- ‘Bad Monkey’: Michelle Monaghan, Jodie Turner-Smith & Meredith Hagner Join Vince Vaughn In Bill Lawrence’s Apple TV+ Series
- The Best TVs 2021: Which Should You Buy On Black Friday? | Digital Trends
- These Are The Best Cyber Monday TV Deals 2021 -- From $250 | Digital Trends
- Best Christmas TV 2021: Shows to watch this year, from Around the World in 80 Days to Strictly Come Dancing
- Apple Original Films' 'Emancipation' picks up newcomer Imani Pullum
- Cyber Monday TV Deals 2021 -- What's Still Available | Digital Trends
- New TV shows we're excited about in 2022 on Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, Amazon, Disney Plus and more
- 31 Tempting Black Friday TV Deals: Samsung, Sony, LG, Vizio And More
Apple TV Plus: Everything to know about Apple's take on Netflix have 355 words, post on www.cnet.com at November 1, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.