Email By business reporter Stephanie Chalmers, wires Posted November 13, 2019 07:45:58 Photo: Donald Trump said phase one of a trade deal with China “could happen soon”. (Reuters: Thomas White) Map: Australia ASX futures are pointing higher after a positive session for global markets. Wall Street tracked near-record highs before paring back gains in late trade, after remarks from US President Donald Trump Market snapshot at 8.45am (AEDT):ASX SPI futures +0.3 pc at 6,765, ASX 200 (Tuesday’s close) -0.3pc at 6,753AUD: 68.39 US cents, 53.24 British pence, 62.13 Euro cents, 74.54 Japanese yen, $NZ1.08US: Dow Jones flat at 27,691, S&P 500 +0.15pc at 3,091, Nasdaq +0.26pc at 8,486Europe: FTSE 100 +0.5pc at 7,365, DAX +0.65pc at 13,283, CAC +0.4pc at 5,919, Euro Stoxx 50 +0.4pc at 3,350Commodities: Brent crude -0.2pc at $US62.05/barrel, spot gold +0.1pc at $US1,456.89/ounce Speaking in New York, Mr Trump said phase one of a trade deal “could happen soon” but disappointed market watchers, who had been hoping for details about the signing of a potential deal.”He kind of left the door open, if you will, to actually getting a deal,” Randy Frederick from Charles Schwab told Reuters.”The concern was that he might say something negative on China… Read full this story
- Supermarkets urged not to sell 'unethical' meat after any trade deal with America is agreed
- Moderna's coronavirus vaccine announcement set off a frenzy on Wall Street. Now some are calling for an investigation
- Asian shares advance, tracking Wall Street tech rally
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian stocks swing wildly on U.S.-China trade deal mix-up
- Global stocks follow Wall Street higher on vaccine hopes
- Why Isn’t Wall Street in Jail?
- Brexit UK news LIVE: Boris Johnson says no-deal is a ‘very good option’ as negotiations delay and pound value plummets
- High Street bloodbath continues: John Lewis will close stores and axe staff as Harrods announces 700 jobs losses and Topshop owner Arcadia reveals plans to cut 500 head office jobs as more shoppers go online instead
- Coronavirus latest: Trump says US is 'terminating' ties with WHO
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Trump says he spoke to George Floyd's family
ASX eyes gains, Wall Street pares back as Trump says trade deal 'close' but is light on the details have 335 words, post on www.abc.net.au at November 13, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.