Ford has been saying its new electric crossover is “Mustang-inspired” since last year’s Detroit Auto Show. And with the official name, they really, really went there. The battery-powered performance crossover will be called the Ford Mustang Mach-E, complete with the pony logo and everything. It’s not so much “Mustang-inspired” as it is an official, legit member of the Mustang family. Just one with a tall ride height, four doors and no internal combustion engine. Advertisement I’d make a “horse of a different color” joke here, but that’s too damn obvious and I haven’t had enough coffee yet anyway. This car represents Ford’s first truly modern attempt at an EV, and an EV crossover. Announced in Detroit last year, it was initally tipped to be called the Mach 1. But after “a very strong reaction,” as Ford CEO Jim Hackett put it, that historic name was scrapped in favor of something new. Indeed, plenty of Angry Internet People balked at giving an EV people-mover the same name as a Mustang performance option that spanned decades. But in calling it the Mustang Mach-E, and with the styling we’ve seen in the spy photos, Ford is pretty unapologetically leaning into the pony car’s… Read full this story
- Mustang buyers driven by ‘emotions’
- Luxury electric car maker Tesla faces hurdles on way to mass-market goals
- Ford CEO Mark Fields is out — and it looks ‘like a coup’
- Ford’s CEO wants to transform how people get around in cities — but not with robot cars
- How Painful Is It To Get Your 'Ketiak' Hair Waxed Off? Our Male Colleagues Find Out…
- Tesla’s Model X is like no other luxury crossover SUV — here’s why
- Musk unveils sketch of electric crossover smaller than Model X
- General Electric is getting hit for a 2nd straight day after announcing its turnaround plan
- Did anybody say that a coal for Power Policy will significantly reduce the cost of electricity?
- No one is talking about Ford’s biggest business challenge
Mustang Mach-E: Ford's 'Mustang-Inspired' Electric Crossover Gets A Name have 345 words, post on jalopnik.com at November 14, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.