Since Nintendo isn’t including King of Fighters character Mai Shiranui in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, fans have started adding Mai any way they can.
As previously reported, director Masahiro Sakurai said Mai would not be added to the game because, as he explained, “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is for good boys and girls of many different ages.” Inevitable reactions followed.
As Automaton Media reports, players are naming their Mii Fighters after the missing Mai.
Players are building Mai custom stages.
Twitter user Crystalonaona shows off the most impressive Mai stage of all:
- Mai Shiranui Returns to The King of Fighters XIV Together with a Weaboo in New Trailer
- Mai Shiranui Appears in New Screenshots for Dead or Alive 5: Last Round
- PS4 Exclusive The King of Fighters XIV Gets New 1080p Screenshots Showing Sexy Mai Shiranui and More
- More of Mai Shiranui’s Sexy Costumes Shown in New Dead or Alive 5: Last Round Trailer
- Dead or Alive 5: Last Round’s Mai Shiranui Gets 1080p Screenshots and Sexy Costumes
- Mai Shiranui Joins Dead or Alive 5: Last Round; Attack on Titan Costumes and More Also Coming
- Sexy Mai Shiranui and KOF’d Destructible Costumes Shine in Dead or Alive 5 Screenshots and Trailer
- Dead or Alive 5: Mai Shiranui’s Costumes Revealed; Destructible The King of Fighters 2000 Outfits Coming
- Mai Shiranui Returns With Sexy Costume and Kunoichi Class in Black Desert Online’s Japanese Servers
- King of Fighters XIV’s Mai Shiranui to Receive Awesome Figure From Amakuni