Email ABC Radio National By Sarah Scopelianos Posted December 18, 2019 07:00:12 Photo: Nina Roberts’ children Frieda and Sam have grown up appreciating the beauty of natural places. (Supplied: Nina Roberts) Related Story: Climate change means the childhood you remember no longer exists Related Story: PM warns kids against ‘needless anxiety’ about climate change after worldwide protests Related Story: Signs of the times: A generation’s call to action on climate Related Story: We’re living in a double reality, and our kids can see through it Map: Australia When it comes to talking to her two primary school aged kids about climate change, Nina Roberts chooses her words carefully.She wants to be honest, but she doesn’t want to scare them. So even though she thinks adults “need to switch into an emergency mode”, she doesn’t use the word ’emergency’ with her kids.”The burden of that is on adults,” she says.”I don’t want them feeling like as children they have to be in emergency mode, because I actually think that’s not a fair thing for kids to be feeling.”But not everyone agrees that toning down the language is the right approach.So just how do you respond when kids ask curly questions about… Read full this story
- Coronavirus and climate change: Collective action is the only way forward
- Jane Goodall on conservation, climate change and COVID-19: "If we carry on with business as usual, we're going to destroy ourselves"
- White parents: Talk to your kids about racism to raise more empathic adults
- Do we need to work less to save the world?
- Alleged Epstein accomplice Ghislaine Maxwell arrested by FBI
- Science education vs. high-profile ignorance
- Guy Williams: the obvious problems with the Greens
- Protests and Plague in the Lone Star State
- Advanced tactics required to keep Ho Chi Minh City afloat
- The Coronavirus Pandemic Has Put Gen Z And Young Millennials' Lives On Hold
How to talk to children about climate change have 312 words, post on www.abc.net.au at December 18, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.