Winners will be announced at the National Arboretum in Canberra on the evening of January 25, 2020. National Australia Day Council CEO Karlie Brand said the national finalists represented the diversity of Australia and the many ways in which people were achieving and contributing. “Their stories reflect our communities and the world in which we live, inspiring us and reminding us we can make a difference,” she said. The national finalists for the 2020 Australian of the Year Awards are: RELATED: What Barty’s parents are most proud of AUSTRALIAN OF THE YEAR 2020 FINALISTS ACT Australian of the Year 2020, Katrina Fanning.Source:Supplied Katrina Fanning (ACT) For over 25 years, Wiradjuri woman Katrina Fanning has lived and breathed rugby league. Following a successful career as a player, she was appointed manager of the Indigenous Women’s All Stars team, Chairman of the Australian Rugby League Indigenous Council, and President of the Canberra and Australian Women’s Rugby League Associations. In 2014, she was named Canberra Woman of the Year, and ACT NAIDOC Person of the Year, and in 2019, became the third woman to be appointed to the Canberra Raiders Board of Directors. Professor Munjed Al Muderis (NSW) After fleeing the tyranny of… Read full this story
- Venus joins sister Serena Williams in Australian Open quarterfinals
- ANDRE'S EPIC IS AN OPEN BOOK. WINS 5-SETTER TO EXTEND END
- Mirjana Lucic beats Alicia Molik in first U.S. Open since 2002, 1st grand slam win since '02 French
- Summer festivals in the Milwaukee area in 2017
- Venus Williams follows Serena to exit; Justine Henin falls
- Rafael Nadal advances to quarterfinals of French Open with easy win over Ivan Ljubicic in Paris
The 32 Australian of the Year finalists have 267 words, post on www.news.com.au at December 10, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.