LONDON: Jamaica’s Toni-Ann Singh has bagged the Miss World 2019 at an annual beauty pageant held here, with India’s Suman Rao becoming second runners-up. The 23-year-old Jamaican was declared the winner at a televised event, hosted by British television personality Piers Morgan, held at ExceL London here on Saturday. Born to her Indo-Caribbean father Bradshaw Singh and African-Caribbean mother Jahrine Bailey, Singh is a student of women’s studies and psychology at Florida State University and she aspires to be a medical doctor. During the competition, she earned a resounding applause from audiences for singing Whitney Houston’s hit “I Have Nothing”. The Jamaican was crowned by last year’s winner, Vanessa Ponce de Leon of Mexico. Singh celebrated her win on Instagram, expressing gratitude to her fellow Jamaican’s for “believing in me”. View this post on Instagram My Jamaica, sweet Jamaica🇯🇲we did it! Wah we seh? LIKKLE BUT WE TALLAWAH. My heart is filled with love and gratitude. Thank you so much for believing in me. You pushed me to believe in myself. I am not only honored but humbled to be the 69th Miss World. Thank you to my family and to my friends. The love and support you poured into… Read full this story
- Former beauty queen barred from Miss World for being mother, files lawsuit
- B-Town congratulates Manushi Chillar on winning Miss World crown
- Miss World Hopeful Sues Contest Organisers After Losing Crown for Being Mother
- Ukrainian beauty queen barred for being mother sues Miss World
- Miss World Manushi Chillar meets PM Modi
- Vietnam's Thuy Linh leads online vote in Miss World 2019 poll
- Missosology predicts Thuy Linh will make Top 6 of Miss World 2019
- Vy lands Top 5 spot in Miss World’s Beauty With A Purpose contest
- Miss World Manushi Chillar opposite Tiger Shroff in 'Student Of The Year 2'?
- Who is Miss World 2018 winner Veronika Didusenko and why was she stripped of her title?
Toni-Ann Singh of Jamaica crowned Miss World; Suman Rao second runner-up have 326 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at December 15, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.