When Jimmy Garoppolo was showered and ready for his postgame news conference Saturday afternoon, he realized that defensive lineman DeForest Buckner was already at the podium. Garoppolo huddled into a dark corner of the auditorium and allowed Bucker to have his moment in the spotlight. The 49ers’ 27-10 divisional-round victory over Minnesota at Levi’s Stadium was largely thanks to their defense, but Garoppolo did his part in deferring to what was working best and leading a complementary offense. “We ran the hell out of the ball, and those guys up front battled their asses off today,” Garoppolo said. “That was fun.” In the first playoff start of his career, Garoppolo didn’t have many opportunities to join in the fun. He completed 11 of just 19 passes for 131 yards, one touchdown and one interception. The pass attempts marked a career low for any Garoppolo start, and he unleashed only six passes in the second half as the 49ers’ offensive line and run game dominated the Vikings’ front. Oddly enough, Garoppolo’s most indelible play was a lead block. Garoppolo ended up in the open field ahead of wide receiver Deebo Samuel on his second-quarter reverse, and the quarterback caught linebacker Anthony… Read full this story
- Ranking the 49ers' 15 best moments at Levi's Stadium so far
- Chargers vs. 49ers: Who has the edge?
- Kurtenbach: Alright, C.J. Beathard — prove me wrong
- NFL Kickoff: Twenty questions on the 2018 season
- Tiger Woods Wins Tour Championship, His First Victory Since 2013
- Wolves Owner Glen Taylor Ready to Trade Jimmy Butler Himself if Necessary
- Denver Sports Omelette: Lessons learned from a wild Week 4 of Pac-12 football
- See the Orange County Register 2017 year in photos
- What to watch for in NFL today: Brady vs. Jaguars is one-sided confrontation
- Kartje: Is the NFL trade deadline finally relevant?
49ers’ Garoppolo seldom airs it out in 1st playoff start, but savors pancake have 291 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at January 12, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.