Philly should be knocking OKC’s door down to try to get a deal done for Paul by Brad Botkin Jan 6, 2020 at 1:11 pm ET • 10 min read The Philadelphia 76ers are the proverbial “one piece away” championship contender. But it can’t just be any piece. It’s not a talent shortage Philly is facing, but rather, the absence of a particularly skilled player that can finally tie all those talented pieces together. Chris Paul is that player. Before we get into why Paul would be such a perfect fit in Philly, we have to consider whether the Sixers could even get him in the first place. The Thunder are currently a playoff team, and there are whispers around the league they may actually be buyers rather than sellers at the deadline. Indeed, the Thunder have all the future assets they need. In their own way, they are also one player away — not from being a title contender, but from being a really good team perhaps in the Denver Nuggets or Utah Jazz tier. Hanging on to Paul and gunning for the playoffs would make some measure of sense. Still, Paul is not, in a perfect world, a long-term pillar in OKC,… Read full this story
- Ben Simmons isn't here for your 3-point shooting revolution
- With Room at the Top of the East, the 76ers Could Soar
- Bucks, 76ers retool rosters for 2019-20
- Lowe's wild NBA predictions: Giannis' big decision, trades to watch for
- The Totally Unexpected True Story Of Yi Jianlian's Magical Mystery Chair
- How one shot changed the NBA futures of the Lakers, Kawhi Leonard and Paul George
- Brand Name: 76ers GM goes full circle in championship hunt
- Will Simmons and Philly rise or will the LA teams take over?
- Bucks, 76ers eye East title with Leonard back in the West
- Bucks, 76ers eye East title with Kawhi Leonard back in the West
76ers not true contenders with Ben Simmons playing out of position, but a Chris Paul trade could fix all that have 307 words, post on www.cbssports.com at January 6, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.