Chinese smartphone company OnePlus has confirmed that its next flagship smartphone will step up its refresh rate from 90Hz (found on the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7T) to 120Hz, rivalling phones like the Asus ROG Phone 2 and potentially the Samsung Galaxy S11. In a post on social media site Weibo, OnePlus’s CEO Pete Lau said the company had “completed research and development” on 120Hz screens, and claimed to The Verge that the upcoming phone would have “the best smartphone display in 2020.” Lau went on to say that the OLED screen is a result of a partnership with Samsung, and that additional work had been done to make gesture control smoother at the higher frame rate through adjustments made to ColorOS. That OLED screen will apparently have a maximum 1,000 nits brightness, supports a 10-bit color range for HDR content, and has a touch sampling rate of 240Hz. The touch sampling rate is the frequency at which the touchscreen can track the movement of your fingers, so a higher rate means that gestures should be smoother and the phone more responsive overall. A custom MEMC (motion estimation, motion compensation) chip will upscale videos to 120Hz, although that can… Read full this story
- Five Best Smartphone Running Apps
- The best film scenes of 2018
- What 2020 Debate Candidates Can Learn From 2016's Moments
- The best punk and hardcore albums of 2018
- The best Android phones you can buy
- Huawei's New Triple Camera Smartphone Could Start a Tech Arms Race
- Top 10 Things Your Smartphone Sucks At (and How to Fix Them)
- Peppers Automotive Highlights Research on 2020 Toyota GR Supra
- Singapore Airlines vs Cathay Pacific: which one is best?
- MyCharge HubPlus Portable Charger for Smartphones & Tablets
OnePlus 8 Will Have 'the Best Smartphone Display in 2020' have 275 words, post on www.pcmag.com at January 13, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.