According to a newly published joint study by Rice University physicists and researchers at the Applied Physics Laboratory at Johns Hopkins University, auroras and satellite function might be impacted by what looks like “bubbles” in the plasma enveloping Earth – the vibrations that solar wind visibly creates within Earth’s protective magnetic shell known as the magnetosphere. Whereas hardly any movement could be detected on the outer part of the shell, as the solar wind’s charged particles roll off like water drops from an oily surface, in the inner layers, the wind causes turbulence and hence complex effects like strings of waves, etc. (Hypothetic) radio emission from cosmic shocks (blue) surrounding the distribution of magnetic field strength (green) in a #magcow cosmological simulation using ENZO. pic.twitter.com/1aWKAvcoOr — Franco Vazza (@franco_vazza) January 16, 2020 To map the oscillations, or “ripples”, the researchers used a specially created algorithm – something referred to as the Rice Convection Model, or Gamera, named after the fictional Japanese monster that bears the same name. A MAGNETIC EXPLOSION ON EARTH’S DOORSTEP: Yes in Earth’s magnetic field. Gusts of solar wind press against Earth’s magnetosphere, squeezing lines of magnetic force. https://t.co/59mQmFRwDZ#spacescience pic.twitter.com/3VrV7P4kEb — Life Choice Doc (@dahldoc) January 16, 2020… Read full this story
- Mercury's Magnetic Field Supports Young Age For the Solar System
- How to Know If Your Ex Still Likes You - 3 Earth Shattering Ways to Find Out
- International Business Development - Initial Research Can Feel Like a Cliff Hanger
- Does She Like You? 3 Earth Shattering Ways To Tell If A Women Is Attracted Towards You Or Not
- A History of Magnets and Their Many Uses
- Choosing the Right Domain Name and Web Host Service
- 6 Secrets to Making Money Buying and Selling Domain Names
- Domain Name Owner - 5 Things You May Not Know About Your Domain Name Registration
- How to Buy a Domain Name
- How Do I Register A Domain Name?
Research Named After Godzilla-Like Monster Reveals Earth’s Magnetic Field Fraught With Hazards have 328 words, post on sputniknews.com at January 17, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.