Representative Tulsi Gabbard said Friday morning that President Donald Trump violated the Constitution in his decision to authorize a drone strike against a senior Iranian military figure without congressional approval. “This was very clearly an act of war by this president without any kind of authorization or declaration of war from Congress, clearly violating the Constitution,” Gabbard, a Hawaii Democrat who is running for president, said on Fox & Friends . “It further escalates this tit for tat that’s going on and on and on, will elicit a very serious response from Iran, and [pushes] us deeper and deeper into this quagmire. And it really begs the question: For what?” Gabbard is a frequent critic of American intervention overseas, and Trump’s decision to take out Quds Force commander Qassem Soleimani is leading to heightened anticipation of a retaliatory response by Iran, which could further draw the U.S. into a sustained, armed conflict in the region. After reports of the strike started coming out Thursday night, Trump tweeted a cryptic message alluding to its confirmation: an uncaptioned photo of the American flag. On Friday morning, the president issued a specific response to the news, writing on Twitter that Soleimani “killed or… Read full this story
- Hawaii congresswoman and combat veteran Tulsi Gabbard called Trump 'Saudi Arabia’s b----'
- Democrats file lawsuit against Trump over Whitaker, accuse president of violating Constitution
- Joe Biden says President Trump should be impeached
- Nolte: ‘Top-Tier Candidate’ Kamala Harris Now Losing to Tulsi Gabbard
- Rep. Tulsi Gabbard announces she's running for president in 2020
- Tulsi Gabbard accuses NBC of trying to smear her as 'Kremlin stooge' to 'discredit' her 2020 campaign
- Meghan McCain calls Tulsi Gabbard an 'Assad apologist' in heated exchange on Syria
- Tulsi Gabbard invites Kurdish leader to State of the Union in jab at Trump's Syria pullout
- Rep. Tulsi Gabbard's staffers were reportedly blindsided by the timing of her announcement to run for president
- FBI raid on Trump lawyer Michael Cohen violated Constitution: Alan Dershowitz
Tulsi Gabbard called the Soleimani strike an "act of war," saying that President Trump violated the U.S. Constitution have 323 words, post on www.newsweek.com at January 3, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.