Last modified on Feb 19, 2020 21:02 GMT Have a friend suffering with anxiety? Here’s how to help, what to say and more importantly, what not to say. As a nation, we’re getting better at opening up about mental health . But for sufferers of acute anxiety , it can be hard to explain experiences and symptoms with those that have never felt anxious themselves – and since one in six people experience a ‘common mental health disorder’ like anxiety or depression each week in the UK, feeling comfortable chatting about it is an in-demand skill. If you have a close friend who is anxious, you will no doubt have wanted to help and support wherever possible – but for many sufferers, there’s a fine line between helpful and unhelpful. So what is the right thing to say? First off, getting informed on what anxiety really is can give a much clearer insight of what the affected person is going through. Anxiety UK ‘s definition is: “Anxiety is a normal response to stress or danger and is often called the ‘flight or fight’ response. This process involves adrenalin being quickly pumped through the body enabling it to cope with whatever catastrophe may… Read full this story
- Experts Weigh In On How To Ease Back-To-School Anxiety
- Depression And Anxiety Double In Youth Compared To Pre-Pandemic
- How you can help ease your child's separation anxiety when going back to school
- Top tips to overcome anxiety as restrictions lift
- How to deal with low self-esteem when you suffer with anxiety
- Friends, The Simpsons and Crystal Maze comes top of 90s nostalgia ranking – but did your fave make the cut?
- These Jennifer Aniston Fans Weren’t Born When ‘Friends’ Aired
- My childhood friend has Covid-19 - he's fighting for his life
- How can I know so many people but still feel so lonely? Authentic friends will save your sanity
- Corrie star Samia Longchambon says her anxiety is getting worse as kids get older
5 ways to help a friend with anxiety have 317 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at January 30, 2019. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.