WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Donald Trump emerged confident and ready to press on with his re-election effort on Wednesday after the Democratic-led impeachment drive that he denounced as illegitimate crashed to a halt in the Republican-led Senate. U.S. President Donald Trump gestures to gathered news media as he welcomes Venezuela’s opposition leader Juan Guaido at the White House in Washington, U.S., February 5, 2020. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque Trump plans to speak about the issue at the White House on Thursday. A source close to the president described his address as a “vindication speech” that would combine some magnanimity with an “I told you so” tone. Next, advisers said, Trump would proceed at full steam on his political and policy goals, throwing himself fully into his re-election campaign and efforts to fulfil promises he has made to his supporters and the electorate. “The president is pleased to put this latest chapter of shameful behaviour by the Democrats in the past, and looks forward to continuing his work on behalf of the American people in 2020 and beyond,” the White House said in a statement after the verdict. Trump was acquitted largely along party lines on two articles of impeachment approved by the… Read full this story
- Trump meets tech industry leaders, with one notable absence
- The Hill's List of Democrats boycotting Trump's SOTU.
- Clinton Campaign Latest Target of Hackers Linked to Russia
- Apple Won't Put Its Money Where Trump's Mouth Is
- OPINION Election 2016: Either Way, More Drama
- House to vote on resolution to formalize Trump impeachment inquiry
- Right After Trump Blamed High Drug Prices On Campaign Cash, Drugmakers Gave More
- OPINION How Deep Learning Could Fix Trump and Healthcare
- OPINION Reading Between the Lines: Musk's Folly, Trump's Plan
- Trump to Russia: Uncover, Release Deleted Clinton Emails
Freed from impeachment drama, Trump to press ahead with re-election campaign have 286 words, post on www.reuters.com at February 6, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.