The 83 Brits quarantined in an NHS unit in Merseyside over coronavirus fears have started to leave after testing negative for the deadly virus following a 14-day stint in isolation. Matt Raw was the first evacuee from the Chinese city of Wuhan, the centre of the escalating outbreak, to leave Arrowe Park Hospital today. The 38-year-old, from Knutsford, Cheshire, punched the air and shouted ‘we’re free and the sun’s shining’. He joked that he would go home to feed his gold fish and would ‘no doubt be going out for a pint a little bit later’. Buses full of excited Brits pictured smiling and putting their thumbs up have since been seen boarding trains at Liverpool’s Lime Street station and being dropped off in the Wirral. Health officials confirmed all of the group – who had signed a contract agreeing to be quarantined when they landed at RAF Brize Norton on Friday, January 31 – had tested negative for the killer SARS-CoV-2 virus. Health Secretary Matt Hancock thanked the quarantined Britons for their ‘bravery’ and ‘patience’, admitting that it will not have been an ‘easy time’. They were all on the first of three British repatriation flights. Eleven evacuees are still… Read full this story
- Europa League final: Rangers captain James Tavernier says lifting trophy as captain would be 'dream come true'
- Hearts 2-1 Celtic: Hosts leave it late to secure victory on Scottish Premiership return
- Ranking 20 best players in NBA's conference finals round: Luka Doncic, Jayson Tatum or Stephen Curry No. 1?
- Lawn: ‘The only way’ to ‘effectively’ remove dandelion weeds - makes the job ‘easier’
- Coronation Street theory: Daniel Osbourne exits after delivering heartbreaking news to Ken
- Ukraine forces in Kharkiv push through to Russian border — as it happened
- Mariupol fighters in Russian hands; both sides claim wins
- Chris Ramsey jibes Jamie Laing 'faked' Strictly injury to avoid fiery rivalry
- Secrets and Lies in the School Cafeteria
- All eyes on 2-year-old Prince George in new royal photo
The Wuhan 83 are finally out! Coronavirus evacuees leave quarantine and head 'for a pint' after 14 days in isolation at grim nursing block on Merseyside have 320 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 13, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.