“This is the Portland Police Bureau. Stop throwing things at officers,” blasted the command from the Portland, Oregon, police bureau’s “LRAD” sound system in downtown Portland earlier this month. “If it continues, this event will be declared a civil disturbance.”In response, the crowd of several hundred left-wing protesters—many of them masked—laughed and chanted, “ACAB! All cops are bastards!” A group of them continued to hurl projectiles like rocks, concrete and food at police. Some vehicles driving by had incendiary devices thrown at them. A nearby war memorial was vandalized with antifa symbols and messages urging people to “kill cops.” Videographers at the scene were attacked and chased away for filming.Police made only three arrests.The protest by antifa in Portland on Feb. 8, organized to counter alleged Ku Klux Klan members who never showed up, received little media attention. And why should it? In a city where riots have become a banality, citizens and the local media have understandably become numb. But outsiders, particularly conservatives, responded in disbelief and anger online that a police department in a major American city seemingly permits left-wing political violence to become routine.So what is the matter with Portland police? Videos recorded in the city since… Read full this story
- Portland Police Make Over Dozen Arrests During July 4 Weekend Protests
- Portland Police: Protesters Tried to Burn Down Precinct with Officers Inside While Setting Up Autonomous Zone
- Floyd protesters set fires in Portland, police declare riot
- Portland Police Headquarters Stormed, Looted by George Floyd Protestors
- Portland police declare ‘riot,’ use CS gas to break up crowd; arrests reported
- Portland, Oregon, Protest Erupts into Riot
- Portland police union boss blasts rioters, elected officials for 'demonizing' cops
- Portland police declare ‘riot’ again – as city sees 38th straight day of unrest
- People In Brooklyn Were Setting Off Fireworks. Then Police Showed Up In Riot Gear.
- Portland Rioters Hurl ‘Commercial Grade Fireworks’ at Officers, Launch Mortars Toward the Federal Courthouse
Why Portland Police Stand By Passively When Leftists Riot have 317 words, post on www.newsweek.com at February 29, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.