German Chancellor Angela Merkel has been spotted shopping in a supermarket in the centre of Berlin amid the coronavirus crisis in the country. According to German media, the 65-year-old has not changed her habit and went to the Hit Ullrich store, where she goes every Friday evening. Despite the that fact people across the world, including in Germany, have been stocking up on food for a coronavirus lockdown, the shopping list of Chancellor Merkel, head of Europe’s main economic powerhouse, was quite short. According to German media, she arrived in the supermarket at 5pm, went to the vegetable and meat department, bought one toilet paper roll along with four bottles of wine and paid for everything with a credit card. Angela Merkel’s shopping cart: one pack of toilet paper and four bottles of wine. pic.twitter.com/HgGQ3I4P43 — Katie Cooper (@thekatiecoop) March 21, 2020
- Winds of change in the global toilet paper market
- The Privilege of Buying 36 Rolls of Toilet Paper at Once
- Merkel Admits Refugee Policy U-Turns Amid Migration Crisis Regrets
- Atrocities against Armenians should not be forgotten says Chancellor Merkel
- World’s oldest toilet paper from 1936 wipes out opposition to win Object of the Year award
- Dem Rep. Wasserman Schultz: Trump Has Treated the Constitution ‘Like Nothing More Than Toilet Paper’
- Brexit Scenario: German Chancellor Merkel Warns of 'the Most Difficult Phase'
- Benin’s former president Boni Yayi leaves amid political crisis
- Canada eases steps to open supervised drug injection sites amid opioid crisis
- Canada First Nations reserve bars outsiders amid opioid crisis
ONE Toilet Paper Roll! Chancellor Merkel Spotted Shopping Amid Coronavirus Crisis have 261 words, post on sputniknews.com at March 22, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.