In training their pets, people mostly go wrong with techniques. That apart, inconsistency, tone of voice and indulgences, are major no-nos, says Dr Sonya Kochhar. Being regular: “Regularity in training is important. Pet parents have to be very patient while training and practice. Treats aren’t always good: Treats are a good way to start training, but once your dog starts to get the hang of the command, you must start cutting down the treats before it becomes a habit. Emotion and tone check: Adds Dr Kochhar, “Another very common mistake we make is to not keep our pet’s emotions in check while training. Being focused and having the correct tone is crucial. Training in anger and frustration will leave a negative impact on your pet. One must have a calm mindset and make sure the tone of our voice is non-threatening.” The right ambience and duration: The duration of the training session is also very important. Parents must ensure the pet is being trained in the right weather conditions, keeping the general well-being of the pet in mind. “Keep the training session short and enjoyable for your pet and you,” advises Dr Kocchar. Training DON’Ts… Do not do anything your… Read full this story
- What’s at stake for every player at Warriors training camp
- Death of premature baby girl in 2001 triggered '19-year cover-up' of mistakes by health workers, inquiry rules, as Nadine Dorries blasts authorities for 'inhumane and harrowing' failings
- PM announces second lockdown to avoid 'medical and moral disaster': Non-essential shops will shut and travel is banned under restrictions that start on THURSDAY and run for a month with furlough scheme EXTENDED - but schools can still open
- Enos, the chimp that orbited the Earth
- INDEPENDENCE: What made Western Nigeria tick in the First Republic
- 'I'm afraid of facing people. Pls help'
- Home Office breached equality law over Windrush scandal in 'shameful stain on history'
- FMIA Week 12: COVID Wreaks Havoc on the NFL, But What Did We Expect?
- Yoga wheels with non-slip surface that will help you improve flexibility
- Inside the controversial rise of a top Twitter COVID-19 influencer
Training mistakes to avoid have 347 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at March 29, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.