“” There are legitimate websites that stream movies and TV shows. But many streaming sites aren’t exactly legal. 10’000 Hours/Getty Images Everyone from Indiana Jones to Luke Skywalker agrees – if you really like their movies, you should pay to watch them. But these days, the web makes paying optional. Sure, the Internet helps studios share their works globally with a few mouse clicks. Yet it also enables digital pirates to spread copyrighted content all over the place, and none of that revenue is pocketed by the creators. Illegitimate movie-sharing frequently happens in two ways. One, users download and install software that connects them to so-called torrent files, which let you download online material by pulling data from multiple computers hosting the same content. Two, a black-market site hosting the movie streams it on demand, much like a YouTube video. Advertisement Advertisement These kinds of data sharing are sternly frowned upon by the MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America) and, of course, just about everyone involved in movie production. Whereas you might see these services as a convenient way to watch a movie, they view your actions as outright theft, to the tune of nearly $250 billion a year [source:… Read full this story
- AP Explains: Meet Twitch, Amazon’s live-streaming video site
- Sorry Hotstar, Your Sports Live Streaming Experience Just Isn't Good Enough
- Microsoft Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17713 Reveals Edge, Hello, and Other Updates
- Why Netflix isn’t worried about the streaming wars
- Tip of the week: What you need to know about downloading and streaming in Germany
- Netflix: How to Sign Up, Free Trial, Plans, Apps, Best Movies and Series, How to Download, and More
- Top 25 Horror Movies of the Decade: Do you dare watch them all?
- The 27 Best Movies and Shows to Watch in Portland: Oct 11-24
- Waste HOURS looking for Netflix movies? This ‘roulette’ tool picks one for you
- Netflix Christmas 2018 movies revealed – the festive films to watch this winter
10 Signs That Streaming Movie Site Isn't Legit have 315 words, post on computer.howstuffworks.com at April 15, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.