The NFL Draft is scheduled to take place from April 23rd to the 25th, as originally planned. However, due to the coronavirus pandemic, no fans will be in attendance and with stricter gathering guidelines in place, the draft will basically be held virtually. Rather than just announcing the selections through virtual meetings for fans at home, the NFL is working on a neat experience for the fans and the players themselves. While the virtual experience does not replace the in person experience, it is a nice substitute. According to NFL insider Ian Rapoport, the NFL is working with EA Sports to give draft picks the experience of being selected at the draft and walking on stage. “As the NFL works on a virtual draft experience for prospects, 2 interesting notes: EA Sports will create a virtual moment of the prospect walking out on stage meeting the Commissioner,” Rapoport tweeted. “Each prospect will choose a HS to receive a $2,500 grant towards their football program. More: Players are asked to provide a description for EA of how they’d want to interact with the Commissioner on stage — the Danny Shelton, perhaps the Christian Wilkins, or maybe @MelvinIngram.” Prospects would surely sign… Read full this story
- Ireland's first free-roam virtual reality experience to open in March
- Friends on opposite side of world reunited with 'virtual dining experience'
- Immersive ghost story experience coming to Barkingside
- Draw Me Close: the new play experimenting with VR in theatre
- 5 ways virtual reality could transform healthcare
- Animated virtual reality Doctor Who short film to be released
- From virtual reality to ballet workouts... the new fitness trends you need to know
- How London's immersive theatre became a surprise Chinese hit
- Work begins on Thomas Dakin gin bar and distillery in Manchester
- Virtual reality world-first allows users to explore Wellington City from a headset
NFL working on immersive virtual Draft experience have 295 words, post on 247sports.com at April 3, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.