Boris Johnson today pleaded with Britons to stay at home during the last days of full lockdown, as he warned that venturing outside during the sunny weather could ‘undo everything that’s been done so far’. But he faced accusations of mixed messaging amid briefings the lockdown is set to be relaxed on Monday, with Britons allowed to exercise more than once a day. The PM did little to dispel the impression that Britain was ‘back to work’ by strolling through St James’ Park this morning carrying that commuter staple, a reusable Costa coffee cup. Pictures showed a passer-by accosting Mr Johnson and apparently give him a piece of his mind, with a photo showing him pointing a finger at the dumbfounded PM as a smiling woman looked on. It is unclear what the man said and MailOnline has contacted Number 10 for comment. It came as thousands of Britons ignored the Tory leader’s plea to stay indoors by heading to busy parks and markets to enjoy 26C temperatures on what is expected to be the hottest day of the year. Police turned sun-worshipping covidiots away from the seaside as the Coastguard reports its highest number of call-outs since stay-at-home rules… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson could SUSPEND European human rights laws to reverse automatic early release for terrorists as Labour's Shami Chakrabati and civil rights groups hint at legal challenge
- 'How are we supposed to get home?': Fury as Foreign Office warns ALL 30,000 Brits in China to LEAVE as death toll hits 427 - but tells them 'find your own way back' and stops repatriation flights
- Streatham terrorist Sudesh Amman was tailed around the clock on his release from prison by officers warned to carry guns because he was so dangerous but they still couldn't stop him attacking 10 days later
- Inside the Milton Keynes quarantine centre where British nationals will spend 14 days in isolation after final evacuation flight landed from coronavirus-hit Wuhan today
- Susanna Reid tells of frantic dash TOWARD scene of horrific Streatham terror attack after seeing a helicopter fly over her home and social media posts of armed police outside her local Lidl
- Evacuation flight carrying 150 Britons leaves coronavirus-hit Wuhan bound for an isolation unit in Milton Keynes - amid MPs calls for a China travel ban
- American cruise passenger passes the time stuck in coronavirus quarantine by tweeting reviews of his food as he jokes the only pleas for help are 'for more coffee'
- Britons on Sunday evacuation flight from coronavirus-hit Wuhan will be held in isolation at a Milton Keynes conference centre for 14 days - as government 'plans China travel ban in a week'
- Michael Gove says convicted terrorists could be imprisoned INDEFINITELY as the government braces for a legal battle with human rights lawyers over plans to scrap automatic early release of violent offenders
- Britain’s third coronavirus case flew in to UK from OUTSIDE China: Patient was diagnosed in Brighton before being whisked off to quarantine in London hospital
Accosted over a Costa: Park-goer gives takeaway coffee cup-carrying Boris Johnson a piece of his mind - as Prime Minister pleads with Brits to stay at home during last days of lockdown have 488 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 9, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.