President Donald Trump lashed out at social media Thursday accusing it of anti-conservative bias which he called one of the greatest threats to free speech in American history – and said he wished he could close down Twitter. He lambasted the platform as he signed an executive order in the Oval Office which is intended to begin tackling what he claims is censorship of conservative voices. The order could open Twitter, Facebook and Google up to lawsuits by diluting the legal protection which stops them from being liable for posts on their platforms, and which also allows them to moderate content. It came after Twitter slapped two of the President’s tweets with a ‘fact check’ on Tuesday and Trump hit back by saying he would regulate and even shut down the Silicon Valley giants if they are shown to be biased. Executive action: Donald Trump signed an order which will attempt to dilute key legal protections for Twitter – and unloaded on the platform and social media He accused Twitter of becoming an ‘editor with a point of view’ and not a ‘neutral platform’ by fact-checking him and then slammed one of its executives, Yoel Roth, its head of user… Read full this story
- Trump says his meeting with Xi Jinping went 'better than expected', insists he won't be imposing tariffs on China 'for the time being' and reveals Kim Jong-un responded 'very favorably' to his offer of a DMZ meeting as G20 summit ends
- Trump-Clinton race went to new lows in second debate, and social media exploded
- If the riots resume, will the UK try to block social media?
- Donald Trump On 60 Minutes: Wants To Reunite Divided America
- Rogue Accounts Emerge On Twitter To Fight Donald Trump On Climate Change
- The Deep State's "Trump Card" Against Independent Media: Executive Order 13694
- Clinton-Trump debate #1: What the data from social media tells us
- The Deep State Could Shut Down Alternative Media in the U.S. Using Executive Order 13694
- WARNING SIGNS: Code words in latest executive order indicate Trump may be getting sucked into the GMO / pesticide swamp
- 7 Things to Know About Megyn Kelly, the Woman Who Terrifies Donald Trump
BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump says he would 'SHUT DOWN' Twitter if he could as he signs executive order against 'anti-conservative bias' on social media and claims it is 'a threat to freedom itself' – but won't delete his account have 351 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 28, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.