The Hoa Binh People’s Court also handed down punishments ranging from suspended sentences to three years imprisonment to 11 other people involved in the case.Nguyen Quang Vinh, former head of the Testing and Quality Assurance Unit under Hoa Binh’s Department of Education, got eight years in jail. Khuong Ngoc Chat, former head of the Internal Political Security Division under the provincial Department of Public Security, got six years, while Nguyen Khac Tuan, former staff of the testing unit, was sentenced to five years.All of them were found guilty of abuse of power.Do Manh Tuan, former vice principal of a boarding school for ethnic minorities in Lac Thuy District, was sentenced to 10 years. He was found guilty of the additional charge of accepting bribes.Vinh, said to be the mastermind, instructed Do Manh Tuan to increase the 2018 national high school graduation exam scores for several students from the northern province. The duo agreed to raise the scores directly on the exam papers before scanning the results and sending them to the Ministry of Education and Training.Vinh prepared keys to the room where the exam papers were scored for Do Manh Tuan and Nguyen Khac Tuan to mark the scores directly…. Read full this story
- EXCLUSIVE: Son of former state Controller Alan Hevesi seeks anti-fraud bill
- This Is How Trump's Secretary of Labor Reportedly Helped Protect a Wealthy Serial Sex Abuser
- Kenneth Starr, disgraced celeb moneyman, pleads guilty to masterminding $60M Ponzi scheme
- Former New York Mets player Lenny Dykstra rips government's case as 'egregious abuse of power'
- Corporate lawyer in US college admissions scandal jailed
- Hank Morris sentenced to up to four years in prison for masterminding pay-to-play pension scandal
- 'X-Men' director Bryan Singer's sex assault accuser pleads guilty to investment fraud
- College admissions scandal: Ex-Yale football coach pleads guilty to fraud
- Former Manchester nurse convicted of stealing pain meds will remain in jail pending sentencing
- Judge orders head exam for Braunstein
Exam fraud mastermind jailed for abuse of power have 317 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 21, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.