(CNN) We’ve addressed early questions about testing for Covid-19, but plenty remain. CNN Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta explains the latest on the different types of coronavirus tests and how well they work. You can listen on your favorite podcast app or read the transcript below. Dr. Sanjay Gupta: When you were a kid, did you ever make one of those pinhole cameras? Where you cut a little hole into a piece of cardboard and then looked through it? Well, in some ways, that’s kind of how we’re looking at the coronavirus noawadays: through a tiny little window. Part of the reason we haven’t been able to get a bigger picture is because this is a new coronavirus, and we’re learning as we go along. We’ve also had inadequate testing across the nation, so the inability to know the true extent of this outbreak becomes a major barrier in terms of getting the country back to work. We need clearer vision, and so far, we haven’t had that. Read More I’m Dr. Sanjay Gupta, CNN’s chief medical correspondent. And this is “Coronavirus: Fact vs. Fiction.” Gupta: There are currently only two types of coronavirus tests available in the United… Read full this story
- Three Japanese citizens evacuated from Wuhan test POSITIVE for new coronavirus that has killed 170 - as the Philippines and India become the latest countries to confirm cases
- 'There's no doubt': Top US infectious disease doctor says Wuhan coronavirus can spread even when people have no symptoms
- CDC confirms second US Wuhan coronavirus case
- Wuhan coronavirus is not yet a public health emergency of international concern, WHO says
- China says coronavirus can spread before symptoms show -- calling into question US containment strategy
- IMA to work with state public health dept to tackle coronavirus situation
- How deadly is coronavirus, and can it be contained?
- New report on first US case of novel coronavirus details mild symptoms followed by pneumonia
- World Health Organization declares coronavirus a public health emergency of international concern
- Epidemiological surveillance launched in Vietnamese province following first coronavirus cases
The Latest on Testing: Dr. Sanjay Gupta's coronavirus podcast for May 5 have 345 words, post on edition.cnn.com at May 5, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.