Social bubbles could be limited to fewer than ten people and super-spreader indoor events could be banned until well into 2021 to avoid a second peak of coronavirus infections, scientists revealed. Senior epidemiologist Adam Kucharski has warned Britain could face ‘exponential growth’ in Covid-19 cases if groups of people start getting together to celebrate as lockdown measures are eased. ‘Look at where these super-spreading events occur, it’s often at family gatherings and meals and weddings and parties and all these things that socially we want to happen,’ Dr Kucharski told The Sunday Times. And social groups outside of the home, school and work should be limited to five people, according to another study by the Division of Molecular and Clinical Medicine (DMCM) at the University of Dundee. Dr Kuckarski’s team at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine found the usual infection rate sees one person spread the virus to an average of three others. But when large groups meet in badly ventilated environments the infection rate soars and the virus spreads three times faster. Senior epidemiologist Adam Kucharski has warned Britain could face ‘exponential growth’ in Covid-19 cases if groups of people start getting together. Pictured, people social… Read full this story
- LIST: 8 fun family activities
- Halloween Event Guide 2019: Poway, S.D.
- Halloween Event Guide 2019: Lemon Grove, S.D.
- Everything you need to know about Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth’s 10-year relationship
- How Jimmy Laya made his friends rock in their school uniforms (... and almost made them cry)
- Top 10 Smart Alternatives to TED Talks
- Policies, politics and paranoia: Singapore Democratic Party chairman Paul Tambyah goes On the Record
- Jeff Bezos's journey from private family man to tabloid sensation
- Life on Milken’s edges: After-parties, yoga at dawn, puppies
- A deadly complacency: Long before the Grenfell tragedy, broadcaster Nick Ross warned politicians and fire chiefs of the risks. Now, he reveals how the landmark report into the horror has still not uncovered the truth behind the blaze
The Party's OVER: Social bubble could be limited to just 10 family and friends until 2021 as scientists warn weddings, birthdays and church are the worst coronavirus 'super-spreader events' have 324 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 3, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.