Republican senators are leaning into their go-slow approach on the next coronavirus bill.Bolstered by last week’s unexpectedly positive jobs report, Senate Republicans are signaling they will not pass another bill before late July. They have also flatly rejected the $3 trillion price tag of the bill passed last month by House Democrats.Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnellAddison (Mitch) Mitchell McConnellFormer HUD Secretary: Congress ‘should invest 0B in direct rental assistance’ OVERNIGHT ENERGY: House approves .5T green infrastructure plan | Rubio looks to defense bill to block offshore drilling, but some fear it creates a loophole | DC-area lawmakers push for analysis before federal agencies can be relocated House approves .5T green infrastructure plan MORE (R-Ky.) indicated to GOP colleagues during a closed-door policy lunch on Tuesday that he does not anticipate the chamber will take up another coronavirus relief package before leaving for a two-week July 4 recess, according to senators in the meeting.ADVERTISEMENTInstead, McConnell told Republicans he viewed the next work period — which runs from July 20 to Aug. 7 — as the time to take up and pass a bill, setting up a crucial three-week window.“That seemed like a pretty wise strategy,” said Sen. John ThuneJohn Randolph ThuneMcConnell:… Read full this story
- Facebook users raise over $15 million for COVID-19 relief in India
- EPA used COVID-19 relief funds for grants promoting ‘green infrastructure,’ ‘environmental justice’
- Milwaukee Mayor Candidates Talk Reckless Driving, COVID-19 Relief
- In Thailand, more than half of children who die from Covid-19 are under 5
- Thailand’s Prayut urges schools to follow Covid-19 measures
- HCMC: First primary students get vaccinated against Covid-19
- PM requests to inoculate kids aged 5-11 against Covid-19 in second quarter
- Việt Nam confirms 24,623 new COVID-19 infections
- Pelosi, Garland, Collins, Others Test Positive: Covid-19 Is Running Amok in Washington, D.C.
- Today’s coronavirus news: Ontario reporting 1,074 people in hospital with COVID-19, 168 in ICU
Republicans prepare to punt on next COVID-19 relief bill have 302 words, post on thehill.com at June 10, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.