CHATHAM (CBS) – Chatham health officials are alerting restaurants after nine people, with restaurant ties, tested positive for COVID-19 after attending a house party in Chatham earlier this month. Dr. Robert Duncanson, Director of Chatham’s Department of Public Health, said social distancing and mask-wearing was not enforced at the party that around 60 people attended. That decision is now impacting the Cape community. “Young people here in the summer, are often working at restaurants and they’re hanging out with each other,” said Tracy Shields, owner of Hangar B in Chatham. Shields stopped indoor dining services at her restaurant for the next two weeks, after one of her employees notified her of a friend who tested positive for coronavirus. That employee did test negative for the virus, but out of an abundance of caution, they are going into self-quarantine, along with two other employees. Shields is losing one quarter of her staff during the busiest time of the season. “It seemed like the safest thing to do was to anybody that had maybe been interacting with this group of young people to just isolate and not come in for two weeks,” Shields said. On Wednesday night, Kream N’Kone in Chatham announced… Read full this story
- House of Commons Speaker John Bercow Has 'No Plans To Step Down', Calls For 'Stronger' Parliament
- Airbnb moves to ban 'party houses' after five die in Halloween shooting at California rental
- A Bellwether Seat, Will North West Delhi Continue to Vote for Winning Party?
- Beethoven House closes ahead of composer's anniversary year
- Nila House: Inside Jaipur’s blue project
- US House resolution shows how Democrats will navigate Donald Trump's impeachment inquiry
- DDA survey to assess housing needs
- Chinese-Australian billionaire named in Parliament in explosive FBI claims of 'plot to bribe' UN general assembly - as it's revealed he's donated $4 million to major political parties at home
- Here's what Airbnb's party house crackdown could mean for your next stay
- Airbnb Bans ‘Party Houses’ After Halloween Shooting Left Five Dead
Coronavirus Cluster Linked To Chatham House Party have 325 words, post on boston.cbslocal.com at July 22, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.