Naomi Osaka will play in next month’s U.S. Open in New York, the 2018 champion’s management team has told Reuters.Several media reports had said she had not registered for the tournament and had decided to skip the event, which kicks off on Aug. 31 and will be played under strict bio-security protocols due to the COVID-19 pandemic.However, the 22-year-old’s management team told Reuters via email that the reports were wide of the mark and that she would be participating at Flushing Meadows.Osaka would also be playing in the Western and Southern Open, which is held annually in Cincinnati but has been moved to New York this year and is set to start in mid-August.Earlier on Thursday, world number one Ash Barty said she was skipping the New York tournaments due to concerns over the coronavirus pandemic.Japan’s Osaka, who is based in the United States, last played competitive tennis in early February during Fed Cup qualifiers against Spain.
- Naomi Osaka split from her coach because she didn't want to sacrifice her own happiness
- Surprise 20-year-old US Open finalist Naomi Osaka on what pushed her in semifinal match: 'I really want to play Serena'
- One of Naomi Osaka's sponsors has issued a groveling apology after accusations of 'white-washing' her in an advert
- Naomi Osaka admitted her fear of 'slipping and sliding' on grass courts ahead of Wimbledon
- Naomi Osaka to represent Japan at 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- Naomi Osaka's first match since splitting with her coach ended with a humiliating defeat
- A home video of a 10-year-old Naomi Osaka has come back to 'haunt' her — but it proves she’s always been a champion
- Osaka adds American Jenkins to team
- What Does This Award-Winning Executive Find Sacred? Open Book Management
- The Max Attacks: This month I'd fire the whole management team at Comet
Naomi Osaka will play in U.S. Open, says management team have 298 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at July 30, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.