Welcome to The Hill’s Morning Report. It is Wednesday, and welcome to July! We get you up to speed on the most important developments in politics and policy, plus trends to watch. Alexis Simendinger and Al Weaver are the daily co-creators, so find us @asimendinger and @alweaver22 on Twitter and recommend the Morning Report to your friends. CLICK HERE to subscribe!Total U.S. coronavirus deaths reported each morning this week: Monday, 125,803. Tuesday, 126,141. Wednesday, 127,425. The number of new cases of COVID-19 in the United States has gone up 80 percent in the past two weeks, according to a New York Times database, adding to the country’s record of confirmed cases, which is the worst in the world.It is a startling explosion of disease that is forcing a bottom-up reevaluation in many states of the wisdom of encouraging Americans to return to work, schools and everyday routines.COVID-19’s threat is interpreted by some governors as “broader community spread” and not the result of expanded testing alone. State officials, rattled by the idea that containment may become a fantasy, are scrambling to try to salvage some of the hard-won gains they achieved before the summer.Anthony FauciAnthony FauciTrump’s focus scattered amid multiple crises SC… Read full this story
- Ministers should urge people to wear facemasks OUTSIDE in parks and other crowded public areas, SAGE experts say
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - House boots Greene from committees; Senate plows ahead on budget
- Stores want shoppers to wear masks. But some customers refuse
- CDC urges 'universal' indoor mask use when not at home
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Biden, GOP senators begin talks; Dems push ahead
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Republicans squeeze Biden with $600 billion COVID-19 relief alternative
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Cheney keeps leadership post; Dems to punish Greene
- The Hill's Morning Report - Dems question trial; January becomes deadliest pandemic month
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Democrats chart path to pass Biden's COVID-19 relief plan
- The Hill's Morning Report - Biden seeks vaccine for all by summer; Trump censure?
The Hill's Morning Report - Republicans shift, urge people to wear masks have 354 words, post on thehill.com at July 1, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.