When a celebrity dies, fans can be left heartbroken by the tragic loss, but it can also lead to the celebration of a legacy they left behind. Whether it’s entertaining millions, inspiring people or helping to change the world for the better in some way, their contributions affect many of our lives, often in very significant ways. In 2019 we said goodbye to a number of public figures from the world of stage, screen, sport, politics and more. Among them were literary icon Toni Morrison, actor Peter Fonda, film star Rutger Hauer and Hollywood legend Doris Day. The start of the new decade has already seen the passing of some stars, including Monty Python legend Terry Jones, spiritual medium Derek Acorah, and WWE legend Rocky Johnson. Here’s a look at the people we’ve lost in 2020 whose influence will be felt for many years to come. AUGUST Riley Gale Musician Riley Gale died on August 24 aged 34. The cause of death has not been revealed. Gale was the front man of metal band Power Trip, providing lead vocals. Writing on the band’s Twitter page, his family said: “He touched so many lives through his lyrics and through his huge… Read full this story
- Massive fire engulfs beloved Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris: Video
- Baylor holds off Notre Dame 82-81 for women's titleYou may also be interested in...
- Baylor holds off Notre Dame to win NCAA women’s basketball championship
- Massive fire engulfs beloved Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- Catastrophic fire engulfs beloved Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- Notre Dame cathedral fire: Photos, video, live stream from Paris
- Centuries-old Notre Dame cathedral ravaged by fire
- Fire engulfs Paris' Notre Dame
- Notre Dame Cathedral's 7 most iconic moments in film
- Henning: 45 years covering sports provide endless memories
Celebrity deaths in 2020: Famous faces lost this year from Chi Chi DeVayne to Dame Vera Lynn have 287 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at August 20, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.