Mercedes driver Hamilton is on track to break Schumacher’s record of 91 grand prix victories in the near future, scoring the 87th win of his career at Silverstone last weekend.Hamilton is one title behind Schumacher’s record of seven drivers’ championships, and has a 30-point lead in the standings after the opening four races of the 2020 campaign.The debate over who is the greatest F1 driver of all-time has intensified as Hamilton has neared Schumacher’s records, prompting comparisons across many eras. Speaking on the Australian Grand Prix’s In the Fast Lane podcast, ex-BBC F1 commentator Walker said that while it was impossible to define one greatest driver due to the varying conditions in each generation of grand prix racing, Hamilton’s fairness made him stand out above the likes of Senna, Schumacher, and Juan Manuel Fangio. “Fangio took a lot of beating, [as did] Jim Clark, Sir Jackie Stewart — I could go on — but which is the best I really don’t know,” Walker said.“I used to say Fangio. I think I’m going to have to say very shortly Lewis Hamilton.“If you look at it in terms of statistics, he’s already got more poles than Michael Schumacher. He’s got at least three years in him… Read full this story
- After a sixth world title, should Lewis Hamilton be considered greater than seven-time winner Michael Schumacher?
- Karun Chandhok: On Lewis Hamilton's title, Valtteri Bottas' win, new-look 2021 F1
- Hamilton 'pushing for hat-trick' with Senna's record in sight
- Lewis Hamilton ‘reminds me very much of Ayrton Senna’, says Gerhard Berger
- Why Hamilton sixth title earned him GOAT status
- Lewis Hamilton thanks Ron Dennis for helping him get to F1
- Mercedes unsure whether Lewis Hamilton’s ‘feel like giving up’ message is also related to F1
- Arise Sir Lewis? Hamilton deserves to be knighted after winning six world titles
- 'This Week' Transcript: Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, Gov. Scott Walker
- Lewis Hamilton says he feels like ‘giving up on everything’ in post about environment that has fans fearing for the F1 superstar
Hamilton better than Senna and Schumacher, says Walker have 339 words, post on www.motorsport.com at August 5, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.