The Project has been safe from the latest round of budget cuts at Channel 10 because it’s produced by an external company – but judgement day may be just around the corner. The network, which sacked 25 employees earlier this month due to the COVID-19 recession, has reportedly asked Melbourne-based production company Roving Enterprises to ‘tighten the reins’ so the program is cheaper to make – and therefore less expensive for Channel 10 to air. This could mean that The Project’s biggest stars – including Lisa Wilkinson, who is rumoured to be earning between $1million and $2.3million per year – will have to take significant pay cuts to safeguard the future of the current affairs show. Trouble brewing? The Project has been safe from the latest round of budget cuts at Channel 10 because it’s produced by an external company – but judgement day may be just around the corner. Pictured: hosts Waleed Aly (left) and Carrie Bickmore (right) According to New Idea, Roving Enterprises’ co-owner Rove McManus has been in discussions with Channel 10 about how to navigate the recent economic downturn. ‘Rove has been told to tighten the reins. Lisa is up for renewal, and the guess is she will… Read full this story
- More companies announce wage cuts, no-pay leave amid COVID-19 economic downturn
- The Big Read: A vital economic pillar, S’pore’s tourism sector faces a brutal test of mettle amid COVID-19 fallout
- 'It’s a flight to flexibility': Why co-working spaces are seeing rising demand amid COVID-19
- Tenants need ‘unprecedented’ rent relief amid COVID-19 outbreak, say retail and F&B groups
- The Big Read: Floored by COVID-19, can SIA soar again? Fate of Singapore’s aviation hub rests on it
- IN FOCUS: How a year of COVID-19 changed Singapore forever
- IN FOCUS: The long, challenging journey to bring COVID-19 under control in migrant worker dormitories
- IN FOCUS: Graduating into a COVID-19 jobs market - short-term challenges and longer-term issues?
- IN FOCUS: After COVID-19, where are the Singapore economy, workforce headed?
- The Big Read: Pummelled by COVID-19, Singapore's economy to begin K-shaped recovery with Budget 2021
Judgement day for The Project: Lisa Wilkinson faces massive pay cut and staff the axe as executive producer Rove McManus is told to 'tighten the reins' amid the COVID-19 recession have 337 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 30, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.