Billionaire media mogul Oprah Winfrey described “whiteness” as a potential “weapon” used by white people against non-whites in the latest episode of her eponymous Apple TV series, The Oprah Winfrey Conversation.In an episode entitled “How to Be an Antiracist,” Winfrey referred to a May incident in New York City’s Central Park in which a white woman, Amy Cooper, called the police on a black man, Christian Cooper, following a dispute involving the woman’s dog. Apple TV+ / The Oprah Conversation“White privilege” may be a more effective linguistic term is reconfigured as “white advantage,” speculated Winfrey. Winfrey said: So I’m guessing you all saw the tape of Amy Cooper in Central Park calling 911 and reporting that an African American man is threatening her life. Everybody’s nodding? Good. And that brought to life, I think, this idea of using whiteness as a weapon. You know, a lot has been said about Amy Cooper, but I said that I think of her as a great teacher for us in this moment.I think she happens to be here to show us in a way that just talking about it a lot of people might not have recognized whiteness as a weapon. So I… Read full this story
- Donald Trump’s Labor Sec’y Nom Withdraws With Push From Oprah Winfrey – Update
- Hailee Steinfeld is a vision in white for Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon appearance promoting Apple TV series Dickinson
- Apple TV+ shows: All the original content coming to the iPhone maker's streaming service
- Oprah Winfrey's stirring Golden Globes speech prompts talk of White House run
- Apple TV+: In streaming wars, Apple says it can coexist with Netflix
- Apple TV+ launches with nine originals across more than 100 countries and regions
- Subscribers Won't Ditch Netflix for Disney+ or Apple TV+ According to Survey
- iTunes is dead, long live Apple Music, Apple TV and Apple Podcasts
- US-Led Coalition Explained Why It Used White Phosphorus in Syria's Raqqa
- Michelin-star chef reveals how to create the perfect dinner party at home - including banning garlic and using white plates to make the food 'pop'
Oprah Winfrey Explains ‘Using Whiteness as a Weapon’ on Her Apple TV Show have 343 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 18, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.