Three popular complementary and integrative health (CIH) therapies – Yoga, Tai Chi, and meditation – are showing physical and mental health improvement among veterans.The therapies lead to significant improvements in key outcomes perceived by veterans receiving care in the Veterans Health Administration (VA) system, suggests a new study, published in the Lippincott portfolio by Wolters Kluwer.“Our study showed that meditation, tai chi, and yoga appear to improve overall physical and mental health and reduced perceived stress,” according to the new research, led by Dr A. Rani Elwy of the VA Center for Healthcare Organization and Implementation Research at the Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital in Bedford, Mass, and an Associate Professor in the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University.The special issue of Medical Care documents progress in implementing CIH therapies throughout the VA system– part of efforts to promote a “Whole Health” approach in VA care. As required by the 2016 Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act (CARA), the VA has expanded research and education on CIH programs, focusing on the impact on pain, mental health, and chronic illness.Improvements in patient-reported outcomes with CIH therapies Dr Elwy and colleagues performed a 12-month survey study to… Read full this story
- Yoga poses that can help improve your mental health
- Temuka tai chi master to be inducted into hall of fame
- 3 Ways to Strengthen Your Mental Health and Happiness Right Now
- Renting directly linked to poor physical and mental health
- How to self cure or destress yourself through yoga
- Adult acne can hamper emotional & mental well-being. Keep stress at bay, avoid milk & sugary foods
- Could ‘grounding’ actually boost your inner energy or improve your anxiety?
- What are the different types of yoga – and which one is right for you?
- Role of stress in mental illness. Learning how to cope
- Don’t worry, do yoga
Yoga, Tai Chi and meditation promise improved physical and mental health have 298 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at August 30, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.